AMSEC UL1812X UL Two Hour Fire & Impact Safe
AMSEC UL1812X UL Two Hour Fire & Impact Safe
The following is an explanation of the Underwriter's Laboratories' fire resistant container testing procedures on the Class 350F, one hour and Class 350F two hour Fire Labels.
U.L. Label/Class 350F-one hour and Class 350F-two hour. The safe will maintain an interior temperature less than 350F when exposed to fire for a period of one hour at 1700F or for a period of two hours at 1850F. Safe must successfully undergo all other requirements for the Fire Endurance Test, Explosion Hazard Test and the Fire/Impact Test as stated below.
Fire Endurance Test
After heat sensors and paper are placed inside the safe, the unit is locked and exposed to a uniformly distributed fire. The furnace is regulated to reach a maximum temperature of 1700F for a period of one hour, or 1850F for two hours, then allowed to cool without opening the furnace. The interior temperature is recorded throughout the test and during the cooling period until a definite drop is shown and must never exceed 350F. Once cooled, the unit is opened and examined for usability. The units locking mechanisms and parts fastenings are examined for security and the interior examined for visible evidence of undue heat transmission
Explosion Hazard Test
The safe is locked and placed into a furnace preheated to 2000F. This temperature is maintained for 30 minutes (2 hour test is 45 minutes) and if no explosion results, the unit is allowed to cool without opening the furnace doors. Once cooled, the unit is opened and examined for usability. The units locking mechanisms and parts fastenings are examined for security and the interior examined for visible evidence of undue heat transmission.
Fire Impact Test (Manufacturer's Option)
After the explosion hazard test the safe is removed from the furnace and within two minutes is dropped 30' onto a riprap of brick on a heavy concrete base. After impact the unit is examined for deformation, rupture of parts, damaged insulation and any other openings into the interior of the unit. Once cooled, the unit is inverted and reheated to 1550F for a period of 30 min. (2 hour test: 45 min. at 1638F). Once cooled, the unit is opened and examined for usability. The units locking mechanisms and parts fastenings are examined for security and the interior examined for visible evidence of undue heat transmission.
Do you have Wedding Pictures in a large album or have special scrapbook that are not replaceable? or do you live in the country that's not near a fire department? Or maybe you have a small business that has records to protect. We have the safe for you!
The AMSEC U.L. Listed Safe Model UL1812XD Fire Rating 2 Hours Impact Rated Safe is one in a series of 6 sizes, this size has an interior depth of 17" which is plenty of room for that special album or those odd sized business records. This safe, designed primarily for home and small business use, conveniently fits into most small places for security and easy access as well.
Fire Protection is paramount in the AMSEC Model UL1812XD Two Hour Fire Safe. It carries a U.L. 2 Hour Class 350 with Impact Rating. This means the safe withstands 1850 degree external temperature for two solid hours while the inside temperature does not extent beyond 350 degrees. This is a very severe test and is followed up on by U.L. often. The Impact rating means the safe is heated for 30 minutes at 1500 degrees and then dropped two stories (30') to insure it integrity. This is a Fire Test!
Theft protection on the AMSEC Extra Deep 2 Hr Fire Safe with Impact Test is apparent by it 3 1/2" thick recessed door with a mitered door jamb. 7/8" locking bolts are activated by an "L" handle and the U.L. Group II key changeable lock is supported by a spring-loaded relock devise activated by a severe attack. There are also heavy duty hinges that allow the door to rotate 180 degrees when opened. Anchor bolts are included at no extra charge. When used these make your safe even more secure.
The AMSEC Extra Deep 2 Hr Fire Safe with Impact Test carries a Lifetime Replacement Warranty in the event the safe is exposed to a fire. For more information on the Warranty contact our Security Specialist.
The AMSEC Model UL1812XD Two Hour Fire Safe is attractive and appointed very well with a plush velour interior and a choice of Charcoal Gray, Sandstone, or Granite exterior colors. The door sports a brass ringed combination lock and brown powder coated handle for easy operation of the door. There are also vinyl feet on this model which reduces abuse to floor or carpet.
If you need more space than the AMSEC U.L. Listed Safe Model UL1812XD Fire Rating 2 Hours Impact Rated Safe we offer 2 larger sizes as well as 2 smaller ones. Check out our website or call one of our security specialists at 877-461-5950 for more information on the additional sizes.
- The best warranty in the business. Lifetime fire replacement and one year parts and labor.
- U.L. listed Class 350 degree F two hour fire and impact rating.
- Safes withstand fires of up to 1850F for two hours and a 30' drop equivalent to falling through a 2 story burning building.
- Increased barriers for burglary protection. Impressive 3-1/2" thick recessed door with 5/8" thick front for excellent pry resistance.
- Handle activated locking mechanism with 7/8" diameter solid steel chrome plated locking bolts offering smooth operation.
- Internal anchor bolt hole with hardware.
- U.L. listed Group II key changeable combination lock with relock. 1 million possible combinations.
- Auxiliary spring-loaded relock device activated by severe attack.
- Heavy duty steel hinges provide additional security and smooth operation.
- For your convenience, rubber feet are standard on the UL1812XD. 1" high rubber feet, included in exterior dimension.
- Includes one adjustable shelf.
- Attractively accented with a brass-plated dial, handle, decorative emblems, and plush velour interior.
- Available in durable Charcoal Gray, Sandstone, or Granite textured finishes.
- Add 2" for handle, dial and hinge.
- Outside: 25.00" H X 18.00" W X 23.50" D
- Inside: 18.50" H X 12.50" W X 17.00" D
- Interior Cubic Feet: 2.28
- Weight: 298.00 lbs
- Fire Rating: 2 Hours
Orders typically get shipped out within 1-2 business days and get delivered within 3-5 business days after they're shipped.
You will receive an order confirmation email and a tracking number once your order has shipped.
If for some reason you order an item that is out of stock, our support team will reach out to either give you more information on when your item will arrive or give you a full refund.
NOTICE:Our safes come with free curbside shipping. Your safe is dropped right on the curb with no additional cost. For white glove delivery, please contact us.
Please check out our shipping policy for more information.
American Security manufactures safes that incorporate the best fire and burglary protection in the industry. We’re so confident in our products, that we offer a NO COST lifetime warranty on all our gun safes 55” and taller. Our warranty covers:
- Burglaries – If your safe is forcibly entered, we will repair or replace it free of charge.
- Attempted Burglaries – If your safe undergoes a drill, punch or pry attack and is not breached, we will repair or replace it free of charge.
- Damage from a House Fire – If your safe is damaged in a house fire, we will repair or replace it free of charge.
At NO COST to you, we will either repair your damaged gun safe or replace it with a current production model of comparable value. (1)
(1) To file a claim, you must be the original owner of your safe. Within 30 days of the burglary/fire incident, you must properly file a police report documenting the incident. A copy of the police report must be submitted to American Security with your warranty claim.