Raymarine Quantum 2 Q24D Radar Doppler W/10M Power & Data Cables
RAYMARINE QUANTUM 2 Q24D RADAR DOPPLER W/10M POWER & DATA CABLES
The Raymarine Quantum 2 Radar has Doppler collision avoidance technology. The Quantum 2 next generation CHIRP pulse compression radar by Raymarine provides superior target awareness at both long and extremely short ranges.
Using advanced Doppler processing, the system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and color codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. Quantum with Doppler makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily Identify Dangerous Targets
Raymarine Quantum 2 Doppler target processing readily identifies and color codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Quantum 2’s exclusive Safety Sector feature provides the maximum level of visibility to dangerous targets in the path of your vessel (both mobile and stationary).
Superior Collision Avoidance
Doppler-enabled MARPA provides an effortless means of dangerous target tracking by eliminating the need to setup guard zones. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
How Doppler Radar Works:
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Doppler Target Processing
Doppler radar is tuned specifically to detect the radar echo frequency shift returned by moving vs. stationary targets.Quantum 2 then uniquely color codes moving targets to indicate whether they are getting closer, or moving away.
- Inbound targets are colored red
- Outbound targets are colored green
Color coded targets make it simple to pick out moving traffic from other stationary targets like land, navigation aids or stopped/anchored vessels.
Quantum 2 Safety Sector
Doppler does an excellent job of bringing attention to moving targets, but it does downplay stationary targets, that can be equally as dangerous.Safety Sector provides equal attention to these imminent threats by coloring them as inbound targets. Potential targets include:
- Exposed Hazard (rocks, pilings, etc...)
- Slow moving, low visibility vessels
- Quantum 2's Safety Sector spreads 15° from the bow to a distance of approximately 200m
NOTE: The safety sector is not visible on the display. Quantum 2 automatically processes and highlights targets within this region in red.
The Quantum 2 also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. Quantum 2 can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
Quantum 2 also features Raymarine’s True Trails target history display. The True Trails features enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
Like every Raymarine Quantum system, you’ll also benefit from a rugged and lightweight design that is super-easy to install. Quantum 2 has very low power consumption making it especially friendly to vessels running exclusively on battery power. Quantum 2 with Doppler can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
The Quantum 2 with Doppler truly sets the standard for on the water safety and collision avoidance.
Orders typically get shipped out within 1-2 business days and get delivered within 3-5 business days after they're shipped.
You will receive an order confirmation email and a tracking number once your order has shipped.
If for some reason you order an item that is out of stock, our support team will reach out to either give you more information on when your item will arrive or give you a full refund.
Please check out our shipping policy for more information.
1. INTRODUCTION TO THE RAYMARINE GLOBAL LIMITED WARRANTY
Raymarine’s Global Limited Warranty is effective for qualifying products purchased on or after 1st July 2017. Raymarine UK Ltd. and its affiliates (“RAYMARINE”) warrants RAYMARINE products purchased directly from RAYMARINE, from an approved RAYMARINE dealer (visit the Dealer Locator to find and contact your local approved RAYMARINE dealer), or installed on a new vessel by an authorized boat builder, known as the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) (the “Products”), to be free from defects in material and workmanship for;
(i) Dragonfly Products for one (1) year (“Dragonfly Limited Warranty Period”); and
(ii) Standard Products for two (2) years (“Standard Limited Warranty Period”); from
(a) the date the Products were first purchased; or (b) in the case of Products installed on a new vessel by an authorized OEM, the date the vessel was first delivered (the “Purchase Date”) to the first retail customer (the “Original Customer”).
All prior RAYMARINE warranty policies, procedures and points of contact are superseded and replaced by this RAYMARINE Global Limited Warranty.
Except for Dragonfly Products, Warranty Replacement Product, Refurbished Product and Products used for regular commercial, military, law enforcement or related purposes, by registering your new Product with RAYMARINE, you can upgrade the 2-year Standard Limited Warranty to a 3-year Extended Limited Warranty at no additional cost.
In some countries and for most Products, RAYMARINE also offers a Warranty Replacement service and On-Board Warranty. These services, when available, are designed to help minimize the down-time of Products that may require warranty repair.
Your Proof of Purchase documentation is important. Please keep it in a safe place. If you need a warranty service your proof of purchase will be required.
RAYMARINE Products are not a substitute for possessing and exercising the independent judgment and skill needed to safely and effectively operate any vessel or engage in any marine activity.